Model Public Education College is an institution of higher learning offering B.Ed. and M.Ed. courses. The college is located in Chandausi town on Behjoi road. Chandausi is a major town in Newly made district Sambhal and is located 30 km East of Sambhal city.
The college was founded by an eminent educationist, Prof. (Dr.) Shripal Singh Yadav, former Member of Parliament and former Head of Geography Department at S.M. College and a famous medical practitioner Dr. Om Prakash Kanchan. The college is affiliated to M.J.P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly, and recognised by the National Council for Teacher Education for running teachers‟ training programme.
MPEC Course offers:
- B.Ed. course (self-finance) with an intake of 100 students. Fee: Rs 51,250 in first year
- M.Ed. course (self-finance) with an intake of 50 students. Fee: Rs 65,000 in first year
- B.A. (Hindi, English, Economics, Sociology, Geography, History, Home Science) course (self-finance) with an intake of 420 students. Fee: as per university norms
- B.Sc. (Botony, Chemistry, Physics, Zoolozy, Maths) course (self-finance) with an intake of (Biology Group 60 students) (Mathematics Group 60 Students). Fee: as per university norms
- B.Com. course (self-finance) with an intake of 120 students. Fee: as per university norms
The college is managed by a 21-member management committee, headed by the president. Other office-bearers are: one vice-president, one secretary, one deputy secretary, eight members, and three teaching and non-teaching staff representatives.
Routine affairs of the college are taken care of by the Principal. For enforcing discipline on the campus, there is a Proctorial Board, headed by the chief proctor and assisted by the chief prefect.
The college has well qualified and experienced faculty to take care of academics and co-curricular activities.